MY DIAGNOSIS STORY

About Mwati Forum Bipolar Depression MY DIAGNOSIS STORY

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Mwati Mwila
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I was diagnosed summer od 2004, at the age of 19. I remember like it was yesterday. It was the day after I had been first hospitalized for a manic episode at work. The doctor looked at my mom and said your daughter has bipolar I disorder-the worse one of them all. My jaw dropped all I could think of was the stigma surrounding it like, stupid, crazy, derange, lunatic; it was one of the worse moments of my life. I mean I will be forever plagued by hospitalizations and medication such as Zyprexa, Zoloft, Geodon, Lithium, Depakote, Seroquel, Rexulti, Latuda, Risperdol, Haldol and many more. These are just some of the medications I’ve tried. I would later be hospitalized approximately 7 times 3 of which were suicide attempts.

But I found God again in 2014 my life does have a good ending I just haven’t found it
      I found purpose for living, I know God does not want my life to end prematurely and wants me to enjoy it with abundant joy and endless bliss.
      This is just a snippet of my story you can read more in my book Strengthenning Your Identity While the Shadow is in Front of You.

WHAT’S YOUR DIAGNOSIS STORY?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.